Wednesday, July 20, 2016

CORDICELLAS ©

CORDICELLAS (the italian word for strings)


A client asked me to make 50 Shambala bracelets. I was so bored with the style so when I finished I decided to try what I call 'free-form' macrame.

These are prototypes only.

I didn't use any string/yarn of any consequence. 
This cuff with some beads wire on..I do not have a great sense color which is why I like 'collaborations' (I don't work well in a vacuum.)



This was 3 separate pieces that I joined together..dipped it into black dye and then added a strand of beads that I had crocheted with a lot of space between..

Making a long rope with single strands of beads, several simple crochet strands without beads.. all joined as one rope.

I'm exploring different types of cord..I love doing this style as it puts me into a bit of a 'trance' and I have no idea what the piece is going to look like when it's finished.













At one point I had envisioned having pieces like this electro-formed in silver/gold and finished with a  large magnetic clasp.
I love coloring books..black lines filled with colorful beads/threads/yarn...I laid a piece of crochet twisted wire just to see how that would look.